Saturday, February 20, 2010

Superbowl MardiGras Singapore Mambo - Hell Freezeth Over!

Alright you Saints fans and believers we DID IT! 43 years, and we are now known as the Goodwill Ambassadors. Pretty soon Ya’ll will be printed in the Webster’s dictionary. Are ya’ll still HIGH? I am!!! Still! The neighborhood will never be the same. Just that my neighbors would be happy to know, I blew off All my big fireworks after the game.

Last week headed to the Bahamas, I wore my Saints shirt proudly!!! Wrong move. if you want to sleep during your flights, or have a solitary cigarette, “Don’t wear a Saints shirt the day after Super Bowl through a crowded airport”. Oh, it was all good. Even kids were shooting me the “thumbs up” as I trotted down the corridors. Could have been a lot worse, I could have been a Colts fan. (keeheehee) It was a real quickie down in the Bahamas, as I headed back to “down South” Thursday. Getting ready for Mardi Gras. The Gulfport parade was great. The OMG crew was back together again. Parade over, beads heavily hanging from the neck, we headed to the house for the Shrimp boil!! Everyone seemed to have a good time.

Now, getting back to Hades at 6:30am. Back on a plane Thursday headed to Singapore, we are literally stuck at the wondrous Gpt/Biloxi Regional International Airport. If it wasn’t for the one woman show at “Delta, Delta, Delta, may I help you, help ya, help ya counter.”, one lady getting out 2 planes 30 mins apart, and oh by the way, did I mention she wore the hat of “luggage Dept.”, and oh, a new department – De-icing Department. I would not lie to you.
Yes we are down south, and we are awaiting to be “de-iced” to start our flight. So at 8:am, we have taken so long to get ready, the De-icier broken, we are faced with the wings into the sun, to get mother nature to help us along. Another freak of nature, and I BELIEVE it was due to the Saints, as many people have said for many, many years, the Day the Saints win the Super bowl, hell will freeze over…. Well Gulfport was feeling the effects, and it wasn’t from that rodent up north!

31 hours, almost all of flight time, to get around the world to 88 degree muggy weather. It was quite funny to read the Immigration card, as it said “Death to Drug Traffickers”. Wow, what a direct statement. I am just wondering what do they do with someone that have entered into the country with contraband – 9 packs of cigarettes. Sorry mom! Oh I tried to declare them, and went to the Red Line at customs. That led me right out the front door, so I just jumped in a cab to head to the hotel. Don’t worry, they will be gone as it will be a hectic week.

We have had many discussions on the “Laws of Singapore” – chewing gum is one of them. The international expert cab driver has confirmed, it’s legal to carry it in, I just can’t resell. This is a good thang. A good sleep, thanks to my Xanax’s I’m ready to venture out of the room and check out the sites. To all of those constituents’ of our Laos travel, snickers were in order, as one of my stop over’s was in Narita Tokyo. The European “holes in the floor” – hey toothpick! OK, maybe I was delirious with not enough sleep, but it seems I can’t remember where the smoking lounges are in the Atlanta airport, but walked right to the one in this airport. In the midst of burnin’ one, 20 hours since the last one, an Asian accent over the loudspeaker announcing the Delta flight 619 ready for boarding at Gate 25, then came the worse, “The S word followed by my last name to report to Gate 25 for departure”…. Under my breath stating “I’ll be there once I finish smoking this cigarette”. Imagine me, “Internationally known”. Thank goodness they are watching out for me. A much better plane – A330 – I now have my own TV in the headrest. The last plane, well let me just say, it was like camping. Bring your own stuff. No nice little bag with ear plugs, face mask, or the cute little toothbrush with the small tube of toothpaste! Don’t you worry, I was packin my own, the little girl scout I am.

I ask that my friends back home, if you get a chance, just give my parents a buzz, as I do talk to my parents several times during the day. I never fixed the wireless router, and she does not, or won't check email. Give them my love. I am wanting to send a post card, and have my Forever stamps with me. Then giggled as I am sure those Forever stamps aren’t going to work over here. Guess I should have purchased the “Anywhere” Stamps.

Peace out until next time.





2 comments:

Kevin said...

sounds like a great adventure, i miss traveling with you.

S Kaye Alston said...

I miss you too! Why don't you do a 180 and come back to us!!!